Global Links’ program in Cuba aims to strengthen the Public Healthcare System by providing post-disaster support targeting large reference hospitals throughout the country. The program supports the improvement of the quality and coverage of Cuban public health institutions, and promotes sustainability to improve long term resilience in the health care system.
- Disaster recovery support for Hurricanes Gustav and Ike (2008), Hurricane Sandy (2013-2016), Hurricane Matthew (2016-2017), and Hurricane Irma (2017-2018)
- Support for Cuba’s Social Assistance Program targeting seniors and individuals with limited mobility (2015-2017)
- Materials for medical students from Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina (ELAM), at hospitals throughout the country (2007-2017)
- Coordination of a collaborative visit to Pittsburgh’s Starzl Transplantation Institute by the Pediatric Transplant Team from Cuba leading to new transplant protocols at Hospital Pediátrico William Soler in Havana (2009)
- Provision of specialized medical equipment including: mammography equipment for the National Breast Cancer Screening Program (2004-2005); dialysis machines and supplies for the National Dialysis Program (2003-2008); laboratory equipment and supplies for the Institute of Nephrology (2003-2008)