Strengthening the Public Health System since 1999
Global Links’ program in Honduras supports their Ministry of Health’s (SESAL) efforts to strengthen the quality of health services, increase capacity, and improve access to health resources, especially in remote areas and areas with vulnerable populations, in accordance with the National Health Plan. Likewise, Global Links’ support increases the capacity and preparedness of the public health system to respond to the country’s changing epidemiological profile and fight epidemics like dengue, zika, chikungunya, and more, that affect the country all year round.
- Partner to improve health services and access among Afro-Honduran peoples in northern Honduras. Global Links participated in efforts to establish and equip the first-ever Garifuna hospital in Ciriboya, now a center for research on health issues affecting indigenous communities.
- Collaborated with the Ministry of Health (SESAL) and PAHO-Honduras to send and distribute urgently needed supplies, such as oral rehydration salts, in response to an atypically intense dengue outbreak in 2019.
- Global Links supported the government’s response to the COVID-19 emergency through the provision COVID-19 Emergency Response containers, which included furnishings, medical equipment, and supplies for the country’s public health networks and the reference hospitals that serve said networks.
Photos from the Field
March 2018See all photos
- Global Link Donará Material Médico Quirurgico
- Servicios de salud mental reciben millonaria donación
- Fortaleciendo la red de servicios de salud del departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Gobierno inaugura sala para atención psiquiátrica de mujeres
- Hospital de El Progreso recibe equipo médico
- Inauguran Proyectos de Infraestructura en El Hospital Psiquiatrico Santa Rosita
- Hospital Santa Rosita Recibe Donación de Insumos Médicos