Donate Medical Supplies
Where do I drop off items?
Global Links: 700 Trumbull Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15205 (Greentree)
Donations (accepted items only) should be dropped off at our contactless self-service donation bin located outside our garage/dock entrance under the pavilion.
Not able to drop it off at Global Links? See below for our Community Collection Networks (Drop-Off Locations).
Do not leave item donations at our front door.
Please note Global Links does not pick-up item donations from residences.
What can I donate?
See below for a list of accepted and non-accepted item donations.
ALL items must be in good condition (not broken, no rust, and no missing parts).
All items MUST BE CLEANED AND WIPED prior to donation.
All supplies must be UNOPENED, UNUSED, and DO NOT EXPIRE FOR AT LEAST 13 MONTHS.
If you are donating a nebulizer, please visit this part of our website for instructions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412.361.3424 with any questions.
List of Accepted Items
- Knee scooters
- Wheelchairs (manual only)
- Shower chairs/benches
- Raised toilet seats (with handlebar only)
- Nebulizer machines and accessories
- Incontinence supplies
- Portable suction pumps
- Blood pressure monitors (home use, non-mercury)
- Hoyer Lifts
- Orthopedic and prosthetic items
- Medical Supplies (unopened, unused, do not expire for 13 months)
- Syringes (with and without needles)
- Ostomy supplies
- Wound care supplies (bandages, gauze, etc.)
- Other (please contact prior to dropping off)
List of Non-Accepted Items
- Medications or narcotics
- Medical supplies (opened, used, expire within 13 months)
- Homecare beds
- Powered wheelchairs
- Broken anything
- Portable commodes
- Boxes (used or new)
- Feeding Bags
- CPAP or BiPAP machines or accessories
- Defibrillators or accessories
- Glucometers or test strips
- Dialysis supplies
- Mercury-containing devices
- Chemicals, reagents or hazardous waste
- Oxygen tanks
- Liquid nutrition (tube fed or powdered)
- Motorized scooters
- Stuffed animals or clothing
- Styrofoam of any kind
Community Collection Networks (Drop-Off Locations)
Global Links’ Community Collection Network provides convenient drop-off spots where the public can take surplus medical supplies and home care materials. Contact before dropping off to get the list of items they accept.
- CHOSEN – 3638 W. 26th Street Erie, PA 16506 (812-833-3023)
- Construction Junction – 214 N Lexington Street, Pittsburgh PA 15208 (412-243-5025)
- Jewish Association on Aging Long-Term Care – 200 JHF Dr. Pittsburgh PA 15217 (412-420-4000)
- South Hills Interfaith Movement – 5301 Park Ave, Bethel Park PA 15102 (412-854-9120)
- The Blessing Board –
- 880 Butler St Suite 1A, Pittsburgh, PA 15223 (412-828-1055)
- South Showroom Location – 1200 Lebanon Road West Mifflin, PA 15122
Can you imagine your father or grandfather needing a wheelchair or walker, but not having access to one? This is a reality facing families around the world, but you can do something about it by donating your gently used walkers, wheelchairs, canes and other needed medical items to Global Links.
We wanted to share this story we recently received after a Global Links donation of wheelchairs and other supplies arrived in Nicaragua in fall of 2021. One of the wheelchairs went to Jaime*, 100 years old and living in a rural community. He was unfortunately bedridden for some time. He and his family were overjoyed that he could be mobile once again. They shared that he cried with happiness to be able to be outside of their “little house to see the sun and the rain.” In Nicaragua and in many of the countries where we work, a family cares for their elders at home. Having a wheelchair means the family can safely take care of their parents/grandparents with dignity and better quality of life.
*Name changed for privacy.