Truck Driver & Warehouse Technician (FT, non-exempt)
Truck Driver & Warehouse Technician (FT, non-exempt) rev. January 2022
Organizational Summary: Global Links is a non-profit dedicated to improving health in communities with need. For 30+ years, Global Links has been collaborating with partners to improve health for vulnerable populations by sharing surplus rescued from the US healthcare system to support health programs globally and locally.
Global Links affirms our foundational commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion. These important themes are at the forefront of our minds and our work and are woven throughout all we do. Respect for all people and the environment guides our mission. We recognize everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We recognize everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
This position reports to the Warehouse & Logistics Manager. Responsibilities include: driving our 26’ box trucks, loading & unloading trucks; inventory preparation/packaging for deliveries. Requires an energetic candidate who excels in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Drive 26-foot box truck to pick up goods from local and regional locations in accordance with applicable state, local and DOT regulations. Update mileage form per route.
● Provide excellent customer service: Perform pickups working with shipping/receiving departments and product donors. Share Global Links news and needs with clients and donors and maintain a professional manner and appearance.
● Work with other members of warehouse team to provide feedback on pick-ups and work collaboratively to improve our customers’ experience
● Check-in newly received inventory according to procedure and assist with inventory storage.
● Load and unload trucks using forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks and dollies as needed.
● Maintain a neat and orderly workplace including keeping tools and supplies organized, sweeping, keeping work aisles clear and safe.
● Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Strong understanding of Global Links mission and programs
● Valid driver’s license & truck driving experience for 26′ box truck. No CDL required
● Must meet insurance underwriting requirements & pass background checks
● Able to read, write and speak English
● Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
● Ability to switch tasks in a fast paced environment
● Ability to lift & move up to 50 lbs repeatedly
● Ability to lift up to 100 pounds assisted
● Attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
● Inventory management or stocking experience
● Computer literate, familiarity with Google apps and/or Salesforce
$18.00 p/hour with with a competitive benefits package and generous schedule of paid holidays
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Application” in subject line.