PT Program Associate, Volunteer Engagement (evenings and Saturdays only)
Program Associate, Volunteer Engagement (PT)
PT: 10-15 hours per week, will include one evening a week (Thursdays) 4:00pm to 8:30pm and every Saturday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Organizational Summary: Global Links is a medical relief and development organization dedicated to supporting health improvement initiatives in resource-poor communities and promoting environmental stewardship in the US healthcare system. We believe everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
Job Summary: Global Links’ volunteer program is the core of our organization and is often lauded for the service-learning experience we provide to volunteers from diverse backgrounds – students, faith-based groups, corporate groups, civic associations, students/adults with physical or developmental disabilities, families, and more. This position is often the first and main point of contact that volunteers have with the organization.
Volunteer Program Associates are responsible for supervising volunteer activities in accordance with Global Links health & safety protocols and inventory handling standards while pro-actively engaging them with relevant information about Global Links and our programs. Primary duties include: orientation and education of new volunteers and groups, instructing and guiding volunteers on processing medical materials to benefit our medical aid programs based on established procedures and quality guidelines, general maintenance of the volunteer area, and other tasks as needed. This position is a member of our volunteer engagement team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare processing center for volunteers, including but not limited to; setting up projects before volunteer arrival
- Lead volunteer activity sessions, as designated by a weekly project plan, by guiding volunteers according to organizational protocols for processing medical surplus
- Ensure accuracy in volunteers’ work for assigned projects
- Actively engage and inform volunteers about relevant Global Links news and information
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly space in the volunteer center
- Suggest ideas for improvement of volunteer experience to Program Manager, Volunteer Engagement
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Effective oral communication skills-English fluency required
- Ability to communicate, lead, and motivate volunteers with diverse backgrounds, abilities and skill sets
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Volunteer experience
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to switch tasks as needed and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work on your feet for extended hours
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with diverse populations, including people with disabilities
- Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management
- Willingness and ability to learn medical terminology as related to position
- Experience in health setting or overseas experience a plus
Compensation: $15/hour plus accrued PTO and fabulous co-workers!
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Application” in subject line.