Family Volunteer Days!
Make a difference together!
Global Links has always valued children as capable members of society and welcomed them as volunteers. Through our dedicated Family Volunteer Days, families with children of all ages can work together in a supportive and educational environment.
We invite you and your family to experience this for yourselves by participating in an upcoming Family Volunteer Day. When you do something to contribute to society beyond yourself, you feel good. And you want to do more. And that is good for everyone.
Family Volunteers Days 2021 will offer 3 different options for your family to get involved.
1. LIVE virtual Event – Saturday, Nov 20 10:00am
- This event is geared toward families with our youngest supporters ages 0-12 (although anyone of any age is welcome).
- Once you register, you will receive a shopping list. You will shop with your family BEFORE you log in to our event. We will talk about this project, where the items will go, and why they matter so much. We will then pack our kits together – on ZOOM. You will bring your kits to Global Links at some point over the next few weeks using our contact-free drop off.
- This event will be recorded and so if you can’t join us live, you can watch it at your own convenience.
2. In Person Family Volunteer Day Event in our volunteer center in Green Tree – Saturday, Dec 11 10:00am-12:00pm OR 1:00-3:00pm
- This event is geared toward families with teenagers ages 12-18
- All volunteers must show proof of full COVID vaccination and wear a mask
- Families will come to our Volunteer Center, tour Global Links, learn about what we do and how we do it, and pack essential supplies.
3. Virtual Volunteer Days: anytime, anywhere, and at your own convenience
- Register to volunteer with your family/friends/colleagues/group and receive detailed written instructions, a link to video instructions, and a shopping list
- At your convenience, you can gather and pack these kits – and then drop them off contact free.