Program Associate, Surplus Rescue and Volunteer Engagement (FT, non-exempt)
Organizational Summary: Global Links is a non-profit dedicated to improving health in communities with need. For 30+ years, Global Links has been collaborating with partners to improve health for vulnerable populations by sharing surplus rescued from the US healthcare system to support health programs globally and locally.
Global Links affirms our foundational commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion. These important themes are at the forefront of our minds and our work and are woven throughout all we do. Respect for all people and the environment guides our mission. We recognize everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We recognize everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
Job Summary: This position supports two departments: Surplus Rescue and Volunteer Engagement. It reports to the Manager of Surplus Procurement and Purchasing and the Volunteer Program Manager.
Surplus Rescue Program
This position’s primary responsibility is collaborating with U.S. healthcare facilities, corporations, consumers, and Global Links staff to support the organization’s programs of surplus recovery. The Program Associate will support on-going partnerships through effective communications, including making presentations, creating reports and generating content for newsletters, social media, etc.
Volunteer Engagement Program
Global Links’ volunteer program is the lifeblood of our organization and is often lauded for the service-learning experience we provide to volunteers from diverse backgrounds. This position is often the first and main point of contact that volunteers have with the organization. Program associates are responsible for supervising volunteer activities in accordance with Global Links health & safety protocols and inventory handling standards while pro-actively engaging them with relevant information about Global Links and our programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Surplus Rescue Program
● Help to coordinate the donation of surplus from product donors throughout Western PA
● Communicate effectively with stakeholders via phone, email, virtual and in person meetings
● Educate new and established surplus recovery partners on best practices and organizational goals
● Assist with outreach campaigns, ensure in-kind donor cultivation and follow-through in coordination
with organization’s development plan & team
● Document surplus collection sites, status and contact persons for all partners through SalesForce
● Assist with key messages, impact stories, and lead communications as outlined in development plan
● Provide content for GL social media, enews, and other communications pieces
● Other duties as needed
● Prepare processing center for volunteers, including but not limited to; setting up projects before volunteer arrival and leading new volunteer tours and orientation as necessary.
● Follow protocols for sorting & packing new medical supplies.
● Ensure accuracy in volunteers’ work for assigned projects
● Maintain a safe, clean and orderly space in Volunteer Center
● Actively engage and inform volunteers about relevant Global Links news and information.
● Communicate with Volunteer Program Manager any relevant information related to volunteer experiences or issues.
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Strong understanding and passion for Global Links’ mission and program
● Effective oral communications skills – English fluency required
● Self-motivated and able to work well independently or in a team
● Ability to communicate and motivate volunteers with diverse backgrounds, abilities and skills sets
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
● Flexibility to switch tasks as needed
● Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and willingness to do manual work (lifting boxes, cleaning furnishings etc)
● Ability to work on your feet for extended hours
● Ability to travel within tri-state area and work remotely (Surplus Recovery)
● Global Links is an organization dedicated to public health and as such, staff must be fully vaccinated
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
● Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
● Volunteer experience
● Willingness and ability to learn medical terminology as related to position
● Experience in health setting or overseas experience a plus
● Proficiency in Google Apps
Compensation: $18 – $19 per hour, with a competitive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with company match, paid volunteer time and more) and generous schedule of paid holidays, inclusive work environment and dedicated co-workers.
To apply for this position: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org