Program Associate, International Medical Aid Program (FT or PT non-exempt)
Organizational Summary: Global Links is a non-profit dedicated to improving health in communities with need. For 30+ years, Global Links has been collaborating with partners to improve health for vulnerable populations by sharing surplus rescued from the US healthcare system to support public health programs globally and locally.
Global Links affirms our foundational commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion. These important themes are at the forefront of our minds and our work and are woven throughout all we do. Respect for all people and the environment guides our mission. We recognize everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We recognize everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
This position’s primary responsibility is to support our International Medical Aid Program. The program associate will provide support including shipment and distribution logistics, researching conditions affecting our work in Latin America & the Caribbean, and communicating on program conditions and impact for staff and community. As such, the program associate is part of the Medical Aid department and reports to the Program Manager for International Medical Aid who manages programs in Latin America & the Caribbean, as well as our Global Medical Partnerships project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Researching and updating information for all programs and projects (contacts, history, stats, impact, etc)
● Researching and updating data for hospital, partner and project assessments, including photographing and cataloging conditions
● Creating agendas, planning meetings, taking minutes and writing debrief reports with health officials, administrators and local partners
● Helping to elaborate reports and presentations related to the programs
● Cultivating a cultural/historical/political understanding of each community served research conditions and be able to discuss knowledgeably
Medical Aid Delivery
● Working closely with staff to coordinate all aspects of donations to meet the specific needs of each partner
● Supporting GL marketing and communications initiatives with information as needed.
● Supporting communication & reporting with partners and Global Links’ stakeholders
Other Duties as Needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Strong understanding and passion for Global Links’ mission and program
● Spanish/English fluency (written & oral)
● 1+ year experience working or studying in an under-resourced community
● Strong analytical, administrative, organizational, and communication skills, both written and oral.
● Strong attention to detail
● Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
● Flexibility to switch tasks as needed
● Self-motivated and able to work well independently or in a team
● Proficiency in Google Apps
● Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and willingness to do some manual work (lifting boxes, etc)
● Global Links is an organization dedicated to public health and as such, staff must be fully vaccinated
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
● Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) software
● Volunteer experience
● Willingness and ability to learn medical terminology as related to position
● Experience in health setting or overseas experience a plus
Compensation: $18 – $19 per hour, with a competitive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with company match, paid volunteer time and more) and generous schedule of paid holidays, inclusive work environment and dedicated co-workers.
To apply for this position: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com