Finance Coordinator/Bookkeeper (FT, exempt)
Finance Coordinator/Bookkeeper (FT, exempt)
Organizational Summary: Global Links is a non-profit dedicated to improving health in communities with need. For 30+ years, Global Links has been collaborating with partners to improve health for vulnerable populations by sharing surplus rescued from the US healthcare system to support health programs globally and locally.
Global Links affirms our foundational commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion. These important themes are at the forefront of our minds and our work and are woven throughout all we do. Respect for all people and the environment guides our mission. We recognize everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We recognize everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for recording financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner; paying the organization’s bills and monitoring the status of receivables; ensuring bank account balances are monitored and reconciled; collecting timesheets and ensuring payroll is processed and recorded accurately; closing each month according to deadlines and producing financial reports requested by management; safeguards assets through the adherence of proper internal controls; and maintains custody of original financial, accounting, administrative and personnel records in order to meet the organization’s legal and administrative requirements.
The Finance Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Administer and monitor the accounting systems in order to ensure that the organization’s finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner. Keep electronic files backed up on a regular schedule and ensure that paper files are secured, organized and up-to-date.
Payroll and Benefits
- Collect and review bi-weekly time sheets
- Interface with payroll processor to report employee time
- Verify accuracy of payroll processors
- Maintain confidential payroll/personnel files
- Prepare and record accounting entries and allocations according to the annual budget
- Track PTO for all employees
- Manage administration of employee benefit packages (health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance)
Accounts Receivable / Payable Management
- Perform timely bank deposits
- Ensure adequate funds are in organization’s various bank accounts
- Monitor inbound ACH/wire transactions and provide timely feedback to program staff
- Produce invoices as requested: USAID, shipment sponsors, project service fees, etc.
- Receive, process and code vendor invoices
- Prepare checks in payment of bills
Month End Closing
- Communicate and follow up on month end deadlines to ensure all transactions are received and posted
- Reconcile all bank accounts, including petty cash
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, including: prepaid expenses, accruals, refundable advances
- Post depreciation
- Post and reconcile investment activities
- Allocate payroll and overhead expenses
- Review and update the restricted funding roll forward analysis
- Review variances month-to-month to ensure accuracy
- Update the financial scorecard file
- Support the independent auditors by providing all requested financial information necessary for audits and tax returns
- Enact changes to the chart of accounts as requested
- Input the annual budget into QuickBooks
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Non-profit accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013, particularly Excel, and Google Drive & Apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. • Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Understanding of and commitment to Global Links’ mission.
$48,000 – $50,000 annual salary with a competitive benefits package and generous schedule of paid holidays.
As an organization working in public health with vulnerable communities, Global Links requires proof of COVID vaccination and maintains a mask mandate in our office. This is an in-person position, with the option of occasional remote work days.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Application” in subject line.