Administrative Assistant (FT, non-exempt)
Organizational Summary: Global Links is a non-profit dedicated to improving health in communities with need. For 30+ years, Global Links has been collaborating with partners to improve health for vulnerable populations by sharing surplus rescued from the US healthcare system to support health programs globally and locally.
Global Links affirms our foundational commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion. These important themes are at the forefront of our minds and our work and are woven throughout all we do. Respect for all people and the environment guides our mission. We recognize everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We recognize everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
This position’s responsibilities are divided between two departments: 80% general administrative support and 20% development support.
The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and provide basic tech and clerical support for the daily functions of the organization. Duties include scheduling & supporting meetings (internal & external); preparing materials for new employees; updating files; taking minutes; supporting fundraising and communications efforts using Google Suite, Salesforce, and other programs as needed. This position reports to the Office Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Administrative support to Global Links management & development efforts
● Fielding all general inquiry phone calls/emails/visitors and routing to appropriate staff
● Sorting incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail
● Managing office supplies & equipment per our environmental & budgetary guidelines
● Managing reception processes (engaging visitors & volunteers, fielding general inquiries, providing info. on tours/events, etc.)
● Preparing orientation packets for onboarding employees & information packets for visitors
● Drafting correspondence and reports for senior management
● Updating Board of Directors documents
● Meeting and small event management (scheduling, set-up, etc.)
● Assisting with fundraising and other mailings
● Data entry and contact management (clean-up of duplicate entries, entering post-event notes, updating contacts, etc.)
● Provide basic technical support and troubleshooting for team members
● Other duties as needed & assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Strong support of Global Links’ mission and programs
● Office/administrative support and/or customer service experience
● Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, fluency in written and spoken English
● Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment
● Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
● Proficiency in or willingness to prioritize learning Google apps & Salesforce
● Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. and willingness to do some manual work (lifting boxes, etc)
● Flexibility, adaptability, and problem-solving skills
● Global Links is an organization dedicated to public health and as such, staff must be fully vaccinated.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
● Experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software
● Experience with Microsoft and Google applications
This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. The Global Links reserves the right to review and adjust this job description as business needs dictate.
Compensation: Starting at $17 – $18 hour, with a competitive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with company match, paid volunteer time and more) and generous schedule of paid holidays, inclusive work environment and dedicated co-workers.
To apply for this position: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com